THINGS TO DO
Hello from the Rocket City!
Huntsville, known as the Rocket City, is the innovation hub of the southeast. Home to the National Children’s Advocacy Center, the first Children’s Advocacy Center in the world, Huntsville has played a key role in social and technological feats. Huntsville is home to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center with prominent roles in the Apollo, Shuttle, and Artemis Programs.
With its idyllic views and commitment to greenspace, lovers of the outdoors will find ample places to hike, kayak, bird watch, and even rock climb.
The recent revitalization of several Huntsville districts has created new art spaces and a foodie paradise with several locally-owned studios and restaurants.
We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we love living here!
- Downtown Neighborhood Areas - Twickenham neighborhood is Alabama’s largest concentration of Antebellum homes and features the 1819 Weeden House Museum, which is the oldest house in the state open to the public
- Local restaurants such as Pints & Pixels, Commerce Kitchen, Cotton Row, Purveyor and The Poppy.
- Huntsville Museum of Art – $5 after 5pm – every Thursday
- A.M. Booth’s Lumberyard
- Boutique and Antique Shopping
- Downtown Craft Beer Trail
- Downtown Craft Coffee Trail
- Bad Axe Throwing
- Monte Sano Mountain