Things to Do
Hello from the Rocket City!
The high-tech city of Huntsville, which sprawls at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama, is equally at home in the 19th century or the 21st. Huntsville's tourist attractions reflect the heritage of Alabama's first English-speaking city, the strife of the American Civil War and the accomplishments of America's rocket scientists.
- Downtown Neighborhood Areas - Twickenham neighborhood is Alabama’s largest concentration of Antebellum homes and features the 1819 Weeden House Museum, which is the oldest house in the state open to the public
- Local restaurants such as Pints & Pixels, Commerce Kitchen, Cotton Row, Purveyor and The Poppy.
- Huntsville Museum of Art – $5 after 5pm – every Thursday
- A.M. Booth’s Lumberyard
- Boutique and Antique Shopping
- Downtown Craft Beer Trail
- Downtown Craft Coffee Trail
- Bad Axe Throwing
- Monte Sano Mountain