Continuing Education (CE) for the 37th International Symposium on Child Abuse is sponsored by the National Children’s Advocacy Center (NCAC). The CE processing fee is $35.00 per person. Applications for CEs are made online when registering for the training. Continuing Education is offered to all registered attendees for approved sessions only, which are denoted as approved for CE in the workshop description and the Symposium Conference Schedule online. Participants must attend the entire workshop for CE credits. It is the responsibility of participants to check the regulations of their state licensing jurisdictions for continuing education requirements.
Up to 6.00 contact hours are available per day. Continuing education is awarded on a session-by-session basis, with full workshop attendance required for each session. Partial session credit is not offered.
- Counseling: National Children's Advocacy Center has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6923. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. National Children's Advocacy Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Legal:This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission of Alabama for a maximum of 22 hours credit, including 0 hours of ethics.
- Marriage/Family Therapy: National Children's Advocacy Center has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6923. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. National Children's Advocacy Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Medical: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Association of the State of Alabama (MASA) through the joint providership of Huntsville Hospital and the National Children’s Advocacy Center. Huntsville Hospital is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Huntsville Hospital designates this live symposium for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ANCC – 20.5 contact hours
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Huntsville Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ABN – 20.5 contact hours
Huntsville Hospital is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Our approval status is valid through 11/09/2021. Provider Number: ABNP0278.
- Law Enforcement: This training is eligible for continuing education credit from the Alabama Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Commission (APOSTC).
- Social Work: This activity is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886746741-6145) for 22 continuing education contact hours.
Participants wishing to make application for continuing education must indicate so during conference registration. If you have already completed your registration, follow the link in your confirmation email to modify your registration and add the Continuing Education Credits Application option.
Continuing Education Certificate
The verification certificate will provide a list of workshops attended and the total number of approved contact hours.
Participants must attend the entire workshop for CE credits..
Need a duplicate certificate?
To obtain an official duplicate certificate for a Continuing Education activity hosted by NCAC, attendees must submit a request form and $15.00 fee payment. The fee payment may be submitted electronically or by mail.
- Due to the volume of requests for duplicate certificates, receiving your certificate may take up to two weeks.
- Please note - Continuing Education Certificates prior to 2017 must be requested from the Institute for Continuing Education. Contact Linda Lakeman at InstContEd@aol.com to request your certificate.
- Duplicate certificates are available only for trainings and conferences hosted by NCAC.
Duplicate certificates are $15.00 Please consider your request carefully before submitting a form and payment, as there are no refunds for this service.
Electronic Submission: Submit a request form online. An invoice will be sent to you to pay electronically. Request will be processed upon receipt of payment.
Paper Submission: Contact NCAC Continuing Education for a paper request form. firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-327-3781.
All certificates will be sent via email unless otherwise requested.
Lecture, demonstration, audio/visual, experiential practice of techniques, case-study, research presentation, large and small group discussion methodologies are used.
While the NCAC CE Program attempts to anticipate issues and assure fair treatment for all participants to conduct and experience valid and successful CE activities, there may be occasional issues which require intervention and/or action on the part of NCAC’s CE Program.
If a participant is not satisfied with the CE Program for any reason, the participant should submit a written complaint or grievance to the National Children’s Advocacy Center, Attn: Training Center, 210 Pratt Avenue, NE, Huntsville, AL 35801 or via email at email@example.com within 30 days following completion of the CE program (e.g., event, course, scheduled training). The NCAC Training Center shall address participants’ complaints and grievances in accordance with the procedures outlined below in this statement of CE Grievance Policy Procedures.
Grievance Policy Procedures:
- To register a complaint or grievance (e.g., refund request or complaints about course content, facilities, non-receipt of certificates, or any matter/occurrence) related to the CE Program, submit a written, detailed complaint or grievance to the National Children’s Advocacy Center Training Center, 210 Pratt Avenue, NE, Huntsville, AL 35801 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days following completion of the CE Program.
- The CE Program will respond in a timely and ethical manner.
- Complaints will be reviewed by the CE Program Coordinator and the CE Advisory Committee and responded to in writing within 30 days after receipt of written complaint.
- The written response will document the complaint/grievance and the involvement of each member of the CE Advisory Committee in the discussion and resolution of the issue; and
- The written response will inform the complainant that if there is a dissatisfaction with the resolution proposed by the CE Program, he/she may request a fair hearing for due process review or mediation by a neutral party.
- A record of all written complaints/grievances and the CE Program’s written response to these are kept on file in the CE Program Office and reported to necessary CE approval boards during renewal application. Summary information is shared with CE Advisory Committee and utilized to improve future courses.
CE credits are issued in the name of the registered conference attendee only. CE certificates include registrant's name, license number (if provided) and licensing state (if provided).
CE credits are issued based on a registrant's participation in sessions. Participation in sessions is tracked electronically.
Post-session evaluations must be completed by the participant in order to receive CE credits. Post-session evaluations are delivered to the registrant electronically. For additional accommodations please see the CE Desk at the event or fill out the Contact Us form.